California restaurant Redd is being sued for the wrongful death of a San Diego man. Larry Sacknoff, ate scallops at Redd in July 2013 with a few friends. Both Larry and his friends suffered from diarrhea, which they attributed to the scallops. Although his two friends eventually felt better, Larry did not. He died in August 2014 due to complications caused by the marine bacteria Vibrio parahaemolyticus.
Sacknoff's daughters have filed a wrongful death suit against Redd restaurant. As a result of the complaint, the Napa County health division inspected Redd only to find that the scallops were not cooked in accordance with safety guidelines. A jury trial is set for July.